Residential sprinklers are specifically designed for life safety. Unlike commercial sprinklers which are designed to protect property by controlling, containing or suppressing a fire, residential sprinklers are intended to prevent loss of life by providing occupants sufficient time to exit the premises safely. Fire brigades responding to a fire with a residential sprinkler system are able to enter the structure safely and extinguish the fire with minimal water damage.
Characteristics of residential fire sprinklers:
- Utilise quick response activation elements, ensuring operation of sprinklers near the source of ignition. In most residential fires, only 1 or 2 sprinklers operate
- Feature a high and wide spray pattern, controlling the spread of toxic fumes. Smoke inhalation is the most common cause of fire fatalities
- Can be used in areas with limited water supplies
- Can utilise CPVC pipe, allowing cost effective, rapid installation without special cutting equipment on the job site
Structures that may be protected by residential sprinkler systems include:
- Single family homes
- Multi family homes
- Apartments and condominiums
- Student housing/dormitories
Globe offers a range of attractive residential sprinklers to suit any décor, any budget and discharge characteristics that can accommodate the most demanding water supply/pressure conditions.
“The Inch” concealed residential sprinkler is both installer friendly, featuring industry leading vertical adjustment. The low profile cover can be custom matched to ANY ceiling finish.
- Globe sprinkler products; designed and manufactured in the USA since 1914
- Engineered & built to exceed industry standards around the world